‘It would be so nice if something made sense for a change’- thought the doctor.
Just when you thought the start of the day couldn’t get any weirder, a ships captain arrived with a red flag, followed quickly by Sherlock Holmes, and Zorro. ‘Sorry we’re late’ they exclaim, ‘we’re ready to help you take on the day.’
Then Murtagh spoke up and suggested- ask yourself these 5 questions for the presenting problems today:
- What is the probability diagnosis?
- What serious disorder/s must not be missed?
- What conditions can be missed in this situation?
- Could the patient have one of the ‘masquerades’ commonly encountered?
- Is the patient trying to tell me something?
Before you point out Murtagh is sitting next to a zebra, you remember Dr Cox quoting Dr Theodore Woodward at JD:
And you remember that the top 30 reasons for encounter in General Practice make up 58.7% of presentations…
View original post 687 more words